Thursday, February 25, 2010


OK, OK...I know...I have been seriously neglecting my blog. But a lot of things have been happening in my other life.


So what's new in the world of Bellissima Couture, you say? Well, I was so excited to receive my long awaited Blue Chip Monogram yesterday. I was thrilled to win the chance to buy one and as soon as she was out of the box I designed and made a new dress for her. I found this cool satin last week. I like the print. It seems retro to me. And the colors were so perfect for Blue Chip's hair! I wanted to bring in some blue to bring out her distinctive eye shadow color, so I used this glorious teal silk noil.
I tried something new for the bodice; instead of the usual vertical darts I gathered the front. I believe Randall Craig published a Gene pattern last year with a similar bodice. I like how it came out, but it is a bit subtle. I may need to pleat the fabric, or add extra fullness. The print of the fabric might be the reason why it is hard to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment